Farewell Dalston

A flurry of leaving dos in my dirty beloved Dalston. It's time to leave and make space for the gangs of fickle Generation Yers who are swarming the streets and bars, cheekily flashing their ankles and head wraps.

Farewell to nights drifting around Kingsland exploring illicit basement bars which exist fleetingly, falling up stairs, dancing with wild lesbians of the night, crawling around the volcanic environs with Bjork, Kate Bush and green tambourines. Enough chicken sheesh and falafel for now boss but I'm already salivating for Mama Vic's secret sauce and a dish of ackee and salt fish.

Bye Bye to the BMX Boys, Superstore Bimbos and her royal highness The Queen of Dalston who will no longer cry out to me savagely as I recline in my hammock respite from the playground around me. This great city facilitates extremes of sweet and sour and it's time for an Asian exploration and kitkat break....
 

2 comments:

  1. Top marks Philip! Well done, and good luck. I look forward to updates from afar x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting account of your travels, peppered with comical moments. Very informative too, giving someone who has never been there a real flavour. I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete